The Pakistan Scottish Scholarship Scheme Program funds graduate studies for Pakistani women in any HEC recognized university across Pakistan. Funded by the Scottish Government, these grants aim to make higher education more accessible to women, supporting them in achieving their potential and ambition.
For the very first time this year, the Pakistan Scottish Scholarship is being offered at undergraduate level for a four-year’s bachelor’s degree as well.
British Council will administer the scheme in Pakistan and coordinate with selected scholars and universities either directly or through nominated university focal persons.
Pakistan Scottish Scholarship Scheme will facilitate award-holders with the following:
- Tuition fees for courses in eligible fields
- University hostel costs (where applicable)
- Travel to and from home to university two times a year for students staying in on-campus hostels
The scholarship will cover a four-year bachelor’s degree/two year master’s degree at an HEC-recognised Pakistani university in one of the following subject areas only:
- Sustainable Energy
- Food Security and Agriculture
- Health Sciences
These scholarships are open to female applicants only. In addition, applicants must:
- Be Pakistani nationals currently residing in Pakistan
- Be pursuing a four-year bachelor’s degree or two year master’s degree in the above listed subject areas
- Hold a confirmed admission offer from an HEC recognised university in Pakistan
Young women with disabilities, from rural areas and/or minority groups are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
- A complete application will include:
- A duly filled out application form
- Scanned copy of CNIC
- Scanned copy of transcripts
- Proof of admission and/or enrolment at master’s/bachelor’s level
- Tuition fee form
Applications for the Pakistan Scottish Scheme Bachelor’s programme are now open. Last date to submit the application is 30 August 2019.
Applying Online: The online application form can be filled and submitted on the official British Council website, at the link:
Applying via Courier: Application forms can also be downloaded from the Downloads section below. Completed applications should be sent via courier to the British Council Islamabad office at the following address:
Coordinator Scottish Scholarship Scheme
Pakistan Scottish Scholarships Scheme
British Council Pakistan
PO Box 1135, Islamabad
Click here to view some of the most frequently asked questions (FAQs) about the Pakistan Scottish Scholarship Scheme for Bachelors.
For further information or queries, please write to us at [email protected] or call our toll free number 0800-22000